[Image courtesy of www.en.wikipedia.org]
China Direct recently visited the NE Chinese city of Dalian on a UK Trade Mission headed by the British Ambassador, Mr. Sebastian Wood.
CBI members attending included HSBC, Standard Chartered, Mott Macdonald, Deloitte, BSI, NICG and Derby University.
In addition there was a wide variety of UK business represented including M&C Saatchi, Stevenson Harwood LLP, Colin Buchanan, Cambridge University ESOL, Foster & Partners, Pernod Ricard and the TGS Group.
Dalian Key Facts:
- 14,000 foreign registered companies
- 101 Fortune 500 Companies in Dalian
- 24 Universities with a rich talent 'pool' of 230,000 undergraduates
- 200 Scientific research institutes
- 108 foreign invested projects totalling more than US$ 1 billion of foreign direct investment (FDI)
- UK companies present in Dalian: BT, Fidelity, Morgan Crucible, HSBC, CBRE, Prudential, Vodaphone, Unilever, Standard Chartered, Ernst & Young and Hays
UK expertise required for project work on:
- Software outsourcing
- Dalian Metro
- Infrastructure projects (cross-harbour tunnel),
- Training & Teaching,
- Architecture/Design services
1. Ms. Snow Yang: Dalian Development Area
T: 00 86 411 87630380 (o)
M: 13591123810 (m)
2. Mr. Craig Wang: Dalian Software Park
T: 00 86 411 84766117
M: 00 86 13614094578